This resource has been designed with year 5 and 6 pupils in mind and is suitable for other year groups and PSHE lessons. It will enable teachers to feel confident when covering these lesson objectives:
- to understand why dogs bite
- to realise the importance of human interactions with dogs
- to realise dogs usually become aggressive to defend themselves and their possessions
- to understand that there is a graded ladder, or sequence, of aggression for both dogs and humans
- to realise that certain actions and situations can trigger aggressive behaviour in both dogs and humans
- to understand that dog bites can be avoided
- to stop dogs feeling like biting.
This is a FREE resource and is made of two parts: A set of comprehensive teacher’s notes, background information, glossary, suggested activities and answers, as well as, a pack of sixteen worksheets.
Download the Free Resource by clicking on the links below.